Simple Nut Granola Bar
- 1 2/3 Cups quick rolled oats
- 1/2 Cup Xyla® Xylitol (up to 3/4 cup if you like a little sweeter)
- 1/3 Cup oat flour (ground oats)
- 1/2 Tsp. salt
- 1/4 Tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 Cups nuts and seeds (almonds, pecans, sesame seeds etc.)
- 1 Cup dried fruit (apricots, raisins, etc.)
- 6 Tbsp. butter
- 1/4 Cup honey
- 2 Tbsps coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1/3 Cup peanut or almond butter, softened
- 1 Tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper
- Stir together all dry ingredients. In a saucepan, melt the butter, honey, coconut oil and water.
- Add the nut butter and vanilla. Pour liquid mixture over dry ingredients and stir to thoroughly combine.
- Transfer to the baking pan and firmly press the mixture into the pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the top is golden brown. Let cool completely in the pan.
- Use the parchment paper as handles to lift the mixture out of the pan, then slice into bars.
- If the mixture seems too crumbly, try chilling in the fridge for 20 minutes or so.